The Brooklands Centre of The Pre-War Austin Seven Club was originally formed in the 1960s as the Brooklands Centre of the 750 Motor Club. Membership was drawn mainly from north west Surrey. Its name was taken from the famous pre-war race track located in the same area, not far from the hostelries where our club nights were and are still held.
In September 2021 we voted formally to leave the 750 Motor Club and instead become a Centre of the Pre-War Austin Seven Club. >
We organise a program of social meetings and events for our members, and also the Cobham Trial. This is an off road production car trial for Austin 7s, usually held at the end of April open to 750MC, VSCC, PWA7C and BTRDA members.
Read more below the table...
Important Until further notice
Club nights will be held at the Bull's Head, West Clandon, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7ST
MONTLHERY VINTAGE REVIVAL 7/8 May 2022
Many of you will be aware of the banked circuit of Montlhery, near Paris. It is the French equivalent of Brooklands.
On 7th and 8th May 2022 they will be holding their Vintage Revival meeting. Roger Horsfield and Les Bayliss will be participating in their Veteran/Vintage automobiles. Some of us are thinking about going over in appropriate cars for a long weekend during which will also take in some local sightseeing. The present proposal is to take the Newhaven/Dieppe crossing on Thursday 5th May and stay together in self-catering accommodation before returning on Tuesday 10th May.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact Robin Gray on 07734 290813 or at “email@example.com”
Latest updates to the website:
• 2021 event reports added here
• 2021 Cobham Heritage Day cancelled, there won't be one in 2022, next planned for 2023 here
• 2021 Program of Events ****** here
• Beaulieu 58th National Rally details available ****** here
• FBHVC Drive It Day 25th April 2021 ****** here
• Ian Nelson honoured by 750 Motor Club ****** here
• 2021 events programme updated ****** here
• Two obituaries added ****** here
• 2021 events programme added ****** here
• Three historic epic jouneys added ****** here
• Little car stories added ****** here
• Post Lockdown Luncheon report updated ****** here
• CoviDont Drive It Day 2020 report ****** here
• August 27th - Club Events Programme updated ****** here
As of 21st March, all Brooklands Centre organised events are indefinitely postponed or cancelled - more detail  here
• Broolands Brittany Break-Away details now available ****** here
• Cobham Trial 2020 regulations now available ****** here
• Spring Walk details added and *** August Club Night now on preceding Sunday *** here
The 750 Motor Club was formed in 1939 on an idea of Bill Boddy's to promote low cost motor sport for impecunious Austin Seven owners.
One of the reasons for creating the club was the demise of class H racing for 750cc cars – the lowest division was to include cars up to 1100cc. Hence Bill Boddy felt the need for a '750' club. Bill was still the club's president until his recent death on 8th July 2011 and the club now runs about 12 different racing formulae (including Austin Sevens), sporting car trials and, most importantly in this context, it is the oldest Austin Seven club. A7 activities include races, trials, autotests, rallies, runs and overseas adventures.
The club is geographically split into centres around the country, some specialising in one or more of the club's activities and our Brooklands Centre is one of the more active 'Austin Seven' centres. We annually run a full calendar of very varied events for A7s and invite other clubs to join in.
The Austin Seven Trial at Cobham every April sees many VSCC (Vintage Sports Car Club) A7 competitors taking part. The Centre set a standard of exciting events for Austin 7s by organising a series of major continental runs starting with a run to Monte Carlo with 42 Sevens in 1974. Then came San Marino in 76, Andorra in 78 and back to Monte Carlo in 1980. The last of this style of event was to Leichtenstein in 1984. Since then others have taken up the baton and organised splendid events – for example Ken Cooke’s Eurotours – enthusiastically taken up by Austineers from many clubs. For the last dozen years or so the Centre has put on continental motoring "holidays" organised by Robin Gray and has included trips to France (Brittany), northern Spain, Norway and Germany.
© 2006 Brooklands Centre A7 Club